Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Plans For the Weekend

I know it's only Tuesday, and I am in the midst of some time off from work; but I seriously cannot wait until this weekend. Friday nite my fave local band, The Boulevard, is back in action! I'm excited! I'm hoping to get some people together and go have some fun! Thursday we're going to lunch with Tab in Abbeville at this restaurant called Shucks. Tab and Sean rave about their seafood. Saturday is going to be a crazy day because I have two baby showers to go to. They are roughly at the same time, so I'm going to have to make appearances at each. It's pretty cool because they are both for my friends named Amy who are both having girls! Amy Chavez is naming her daughter Addison and Amy Charpentier is naming hers Alexis. It's too crazy all the coincidences. But they are due a month apart so no chance of them being born on the same day!




So I thought it was time to add another picture to the blog since I haven't really been taking many recent pictures. This is one of my favorite pictures of me and Josh. It was taken at a charity event called Bash in the Parc that was put on by The Boulevard. We were being silly and my friend, Linda, wanted a pic of us. Josh was in the process of spinning me around which is why I look like I'm holding on for dear life to him! It was a day of tremendous fun. We got to see some really great bands including another of our favorites, Highlines. If you look closely, you'll see the guitarist, Derrick in the background! Bash in the Parc was a benefit concert for menengitis. It was such a great benefit and they were able to raise quite a bit of money. They are trying to make this an annual event so I look forward to next year! A whole day of great bands! How awesome!!





I talk often of the wonderful boss I have. This is Brenda and me for manager appreciation day. It was a sports theme event that the consultants put on as a way of saying thank you to our wonderful managers. It was a highlight for me because I got to wear my favorite Brian McCann baseball jersey to work! As you can see we both dressed the part of sports! As part of the party, the managers played games on a Wii. Brenda won first place in the boxing competition against another manager, Toni. We recently were able to watch the video of the hilarious day in a meeting. It was funny to see Brenda in action as she playfully pounded the air while trying to knock her opponent out!

This is another of my favorite pictures of me and Josh. Here we are all dressed up and ready to go eat at Emeril's restuarant. We took a mini vacation a few months ago with some friends. It was so much fun! We went to New Orleans for the weekend. We stayed at a suite in a hotel that could have passed as an apartment! It was huge! We really enjoyed ourselves. We had hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's. Then we went back to the hotel and six people took showers and three girls did hair and make up as we prepared for the nite out. Thankfully, no one blew a fuse! Emeril's was delicious! We had sooo much food! We even ordered dessert! Jennie and I both had the creme brulee and Josh had ice cream in three flavors. Joe went for the banana cake and Nicole and Dale shared this chocolate thing that was so sinful! We all took turns sampling each others desserts! The next day we went to the flea market and ate at Cafe Dumond. Then we made a pit stop in Tanger Outlet in Gonzalez and spent the entire day shopping! It was such a great trip, but Josh and I were both exhausted when we got home!!

No comments: