Thursday, September 30, 2010

Booyah!!! Shake It Off!!!

So, I thought of a funny story to share.  My best friend, who is like a sister to me, has a two year old that I basically consider my nephew.  I adore Holden to pieces!!  He is so smart for his age he amazes us all!!  Well, for the first game for the Saints this season, we were at their house watching the game.  Holden was on a massive sugar high playing with his trains.  This boy is obsessed with Thomas the Train!!  On a good play, I said the word, "Booyah!"  Didn't scream it...just said it.  Holden goes nuts yelling, "Booyah!!" and throwing his toys around.  He would yell, "Booyah!"  throw a toy in the air and then yell, "Shake it off."  Now, shake it off is something i technically taught him.  One time he stubbed his toe and looked at me like he wasn't sure if he should cry or not.  Kids usually mimic you, so I told him, "Aw, you're ok.  Shake it off."  to which we both laughed.  Then a few weeks later while we were in New Orleans, he threw a train in the air and it hit Josh.  When Josh said, "OW, that hurt," Holden told him, "Shake it off, Josh."  The car exploded in laughter.  So now, back to the Saints game.  His "Booyah!  Shake it off!"  was making us laugh like crazy and Jennie told me that if the daycare called tomorrow to tell her that he got time out because he hit someone, then told them to shake it off, she was coming after me.  A few days later, Jennie called to tell me that Joe (her husband) was so mad at me.  I asked why and she said that Holden had hit him in the nose about 10:30 at nite and yelled, "Booyah!"  Joe tried to fuss at him and said, "Why did you hit daddy?"  To which Holden replied, "Shake it off!"  I was mighty proud of my boy when Jennie told me the story!!  So now, everyone flinches when he yells "Booyah!"  You never know who he's going to swing at!!

So, Josh and I are preparing for our anual trip to Atlanta again!!  I'm so pumped!  The manager, Bobby Cox, is retiring this year after 25 wonderful years with the Braves.  I am so excited that we will be at the game where they are honoring Bobby for all his accomplishments.  I'm hoping to see quite a few of the older players from when I was younger.  I am particularly hoping to see David Justice.  He's the reason I'm a Braves' fan.  I'll fill you guys in when I get back on Tuesday!!

Tomorrow I am playing hookie from work (not really...I got permission...but it's fun to say that!) to go to Westgate where Jennie works and observe some teachers.  It's part of the class I am taking.  So I basically get to live the life of a teacher for a day!!  I'm so excited!!  Wish me luck!!

No comments: